9.07.2013

Chapter 36: Singing a tune about LOVE [+video]



"Distance is just a test to see how far love can travel" —Unknown

Last month was me & my husband's birthday month [shout out to all you August babies!]. He turned 25 [that special quarter of a century birthday!] & I haven't spent a birthday with him since he turned 21. He missed my birthday too & last year was his FIRST time celebrating my birthday with me. That's Navy life for ya, right?! I wanted to do something special for him even though we couldn't be together due to him being underway, so I decided to record & upload my 1st YouTube video in over a year [video is posted below]. He loves when I sing to him, so I thought it would be a good gift. I also emailed him a lot & sent him a 15sec. video of some of my co-workers wishing him a happy birthday. Lol. Any way.... I sang the boy version of "The Girl" By City and Colour. We love this song & enjoy singing/playing it on guitar together. Music was my first love [sorry, honey! Lol] & I think this world would be so boring without it. I sing to my husband whenever he asks me to [everyone loves to be serenaded, right?], because as the saying goes, "If music be the food of love, play on..."—William Shakespeare

Maybe it's just me, but I find it very easy to spend a good chunk of time listening to music, sitting on the couch [or lying in bed], & just staring at the wall [or ceiling]. I catch myself doing this quite often. I can become so consumed in my thoughts & emotions that it can take me a while to snap back to reality & get up to do something productive. In my opinion, I would describe this type of behavior as typical for a Milso [military significant other] or person in a LDR [long distance relationship]. When your love isn't home to spend time with, you involuntarily daydream about spending time together again in the future OR reminiscing about times you've spent together. For couples who spend a lot of time apart due to different circumstances [military, school, work, etc...], this song goes out to you. I hope you enjoy it

My YouTube Channel: www.youtube.com/withlovedarlene




My original post on Facebook:
I just uploaded my 1st YouTube video in over a year...
This song is dedicated to my handsome, loving, & hard working husband while he is out at sea....
[NOTE: I'm sure all of you Navy wives can relate to this song. This goes out to all of you ladies too] 
Happy 25th Birthday, baby ♥ Since [once again] we can't be together to celebrate your birthday today, here is my gift to you. Incase you ever had any doubts about my love & faithfulness [though you have no reason to] this song says it all. I love you with every fiber of my being, every ounce of my soul, & every inch of my heart. We have to make a lot of sacrifices in this military life of ours, but I wouldn't want my life any other way if you weren't in it. Whether we're inches apart, miles apart, or oceans apart—I'll always stand by you, stay true to you, support you, & love you. Take care of yourself & come home safely to me. I love you, Robert. Miss you ♥ 

*   *   *   *   * 
To all you Milsos & LDR couples:
 Stay strong & stay beautiful!
*Keep smiling & keep singing...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me some love! :)