11.25.2013

Chapter 41: We Can Do It! [encouragement for military wives, fianceés, & girlfriends]

2011 Pin-Up Photoshoot
By MikaD Photography

Sometimes we need this reminder. I know I needed it today....
I woke up in tears this morning from a bad dream I had. Then I cried even more after I reached for my husband & he wasn't there.  The only time I wake up in tears is if I dream of him or a family member dying. When it does happen, my husband kisses me, holds me tighter, tells me he loves me, reassures me that it was just a bad dream, that he's there, & that he's ok. All I had this morning was his sweatshirt to hug & a laptop to write him an email... I had to dig deep for some strength this morning as I gained my composure & headed off to work.

To quote a song lyric from one of my favorite bands, Safetysuit: "These times will try hard to define me, but I will hold my head up high... these times are hard, but they will pass..."

Stay strong, ladies! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me some love! :)