1.13.2014

Chapter 44: An Act of LOVE! My husband's 1st tattoo! [+video]

"So, if you choose always me, I'll make a promise to choose all of you. And if you will follow me now, I'll be always there to follow you..." —Busby Marou [song: All Of You]

My husband getting our wedding date in Roman Numerals
tattooed on his ring finger 
Inksmith & Rogers Tattoo [Atlantic Blvd]
www.inksmithtattoo.com @inksmithandrogers
Tattoo artist: Kenny Rice @kennyrice_ir

When you say "I do" on your wedding day, you're saying, "I will always choose you, love you, & take care of you. Forever." Wedding rings are a symbol of love & affection. A tattoo is just another gesture to prove the permanence of your love to your spouse :)

Last week my husband decided to finally get the tattoo that he has been planning to get for the longest time, & I got it all on video [posted below]! The tattoo my husband got is so special to the both of us. It wasn't only a gift to himself, but a gift to me as well. A gift to us. A gift to our marriage. Every time I see it I can't help but smile. I can't even count how many times I've asked to see his tattoo, & he hasn't even had it for a whole week yet! :P He's mentioned that when he catches a glimpse of it in the mirror it makes him happy, & THAT makes me even MORE happy!

What is a tattoo? It's permanent ink on your body through the use of a needle. It's also either:
-A permanent piece of art for you to cherish for the rest of your life [if you got a tattoo with meaning that you thought long & hard about]
-OR it's going to be a piece of regret [if you got a tattoo without thinking hard about it... especially if you weren't in a sober state]

I absolutely LOVE it! It's simple & it's perfect.
We're so happy with the way it turned out! :D


Before my husband & I got married, he told me a long time ago that he was interested in getting a ring finger tattoo. Being in the Navy, my husband has to take his ring off a lot while working on the ship due to safety reasons. We exchanged promise rings in 2009, so he had to deal with taking his ring on & off for years before we got married. There have been a handful of times where we'd have to turn the car around & head back to the ship because my husband left his ring at work. He hates being without his wedding ring, & I love that about him! With our 2nd deployment coming up so soon, my husband wanted to get his tattoo before he deploys. Even though I didn't get to experience getting "inked" myself, I'm glad I don't ever have to go through the anxiety of being without my ring & feeling "naked" without it. I don't have this problem because I never have to take off my ring. The only time I'm without my ring is if I'm showering or taking it to the jewelers for its inspection or cleaning. I must admit, I was pretty stinkin' jealous that I didn't walk out of that tattoo shop with a matching tattoo myself! This was our original plan—we wanted to get our 1st tattoos together. Unfortunately, certain job opportunities don't allow me to have any visible tattoos. I may have to wait to get my 1st tattoo [to match his], but I'm looking forward to that day even more every time I see my husband's tattoo!

My husband already had an idea of what he wanted. He knew he wanted a tattoo of our wedding date in Roman Numerals, & the guys did a great job giving suggestions on what would look better last longerThe sketch of his tattoo changed quite a few times before my husband decided on one, but the guys were very patient! Finger tattoos are difficult because they fade quicker than other places on your body, so you can't get too detailed or too small with a design, because it won't look good in "X" amount of years. He originally wanted to get our whole date VII VII XII.

First photo with my now tattooed husband! :)
He's EXTRA handsome now!

Why do I want to do this? Why would anyone want to go through this pain? Why would someone do this if they never have to take off their ring in the first place? Sure, if your job requires you to take it off for safety concerns, that makes more sense. But why would anyone else do this?... After your wedding day it's only natural to want to do more to continue to prove your love & show your love to your spouse everyday. We do this because we feel so blessed to have found our soulmate, so we want to make them happy & make sure they always feel loved. My husband showed me a great act of love by getting this tattoo, & I want to show him that same amount of love! What made this day even more special was that he got the tattoo on my Grandma's birthday [rest in peace, grandma]. Needless to say, I love him even more for getting our wedding date tattooed on him forever, & for choosing it as his 1st tattoo. I'm a very lucky lady 

--->Click 'HD' to watch the video in better quality<---

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me some love! :)