1.01.2014

Chapter 42: A Montgomery Christmas [+video]


"I found the one my heart loves."
—Songs of Solomon 3:4 NIV


Above is the inscription on the inside of the "Mr & Mrs" mugs that I bought for my husband as a Christmas present [as seen in the video]. I also like the other bible translation, "I have found the one whom my soul loves". Whichever translation you prefer, the point of the verse is about having found "the one," & I feel blessed to be able to say that I have.

My husband & I were lucky enough to celebrate Christmas together for the third year in a row. That's pretty rare if you're married to a sailor on sea duty, so we definitely made every moment count! We had our big celebration on Christmas Eve since my husband had duty on Christmas day, but I did get to visit him on the ship for lunch on Christmas!

We had yet another unforgettable Christmas celebration. As always, my husband is just full of surprises, & I definitely didn't see this one coming! He surprised me with a new SLR camera! I didn't think I'd get a new camera for a few years, & he even got me a better model than the one I wanted. I was so shocked at his thoughtfulness, that at one point I didn't feel like I could accept such a big gift. I didn't feel I was deserving of it, but oh was I excited about it! With that said, my husband won, "The Best Surprise Gifter," award :P I had my eye on the Canon EOS Rebel T5i, & he did one better by getting me a Canon EOS 70D. I can't wait to take my photography ventures to another level!

Those who know me well know that I'm big on "documenting" moments through photos, videos, blogging, journaling, etc... Documenting moments is especially important to me now, with my husband's 9+ month deployment coming up. These are the things I look back on to help me get through the lonely & difficult times. We have a limited number of days left together, so I intend to make the most of our time together & to document our life as best as I can! I was so excited to try out my new camera & start getting our Christmas shenanigans filmed, so most of the footage in this little home video I made is shot with my new Canon. I'm amazed at the quality of the footage, especially when viewed in HD. I definitely recommend the camera to anyone who is considering buying it! 

Here is a little 2 1/2 minute glimpse into our Christmas shenanigans...


Click the 'HD' button to watch in high definition!


We had a wonderful Christmas celebration together! I pray that all of our family & friends can say the same! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me some love! :)