8.25.2013

Chapter 35: Accidents Happen! [& choosing to love]


Usually a husband would get mad at their wife after hearing some "bad news" about their car while they were away, but mine just cracks jokes, smiles, & laughs at me instead. I really lucked out 
Me: *shyly* Oh, by the way. Umm... while you were gone I accidentally hit the curb twice while I was driving & I hit the front part of the car while parking. Twice.
My husband: *smiles* Oh, really? 2 times each, huh?
Me: Hehe... Yeah. I'm sorry.
My husband: Anything else? Are you sure it was only twice? *looks at me jokingly*
Me: *thinks hard* Yes... I'm pretty sure.
My husband: *smiles* Are you sure?! That's it?!
Me: *smiles* Yes
My husband: *laughs* Anything else? Are you sure you didn't back into anything while I was gone too?!
Me: *laughs* No, I didn't! Yes, I'm sure!
My husband: *laughs* Ok, I'm just kidding. I love you.
Me: I love you too!
[NOTE: In my defense, 3 of those incidents happened while I was severely sick & probably shouldn't have been driving =X Also, my husband has a full body kit on his car, so the front is very low & doesn't always clear parking curbs/sidewalks]

Every day my husband helps keep me grounded & reminds me what's important in life.
Love. Happiness. Health. Relationships. Family. Friends...
Don't place your value & your worth on materialistic things. "Things" can be replaced. Life isn't intended to revolve around expensive cars & fancy things. My husband's immense patience with me on a daily basis & moments like these where he chooses to laugh & love me instead of getting upset with me.... it's all really inspiring. He teaches me a lot. That alone is enough to feel blessed to have him, but he also gives me so much more.

Keep on loving, everyone. Stay happy & remember that laughter is always the best medicine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me some love! :)