8.18.2013

Chapter 34: Navy Wives UNITE [my early birthday celebration]


A good friend will yell at a guy who's trying to hit on you ;P

Last night as I was walking past a restaurant with my purse on top of my head to cover myself from the rain [I must've looked so sexy. Not.], apparently some guy sitting at a table with his friends was trying to hit on me. I didn't know about it until I heard my friend yell at him in her best stern/semi-psycho voice! Lol! Then she filled me in on what I missed.

Creeper guy: "Hey there beautiful. Why don't you come sit by me & get out of the rain?"
My friend: "SHE'S MARRIED!"
Creeper guy: "Oh, well you're not married. Why don't you come sit by me?"
My friend: "Yes I am! I'm married too. WE'RE ALL MARRIED!"
My friend: [to us] "Geez... can't they see the rings on our fingers?!!!!"

Haha! We were all cracking up. She's a trip :P Thanks for having my back, Trish! ;) I'm pretty sure this gives you MAJOR "good friend" brownie points with my husband for being that kind of friend for me! Lol.

Left to right: Marielle, Emmy, Trish, & Me
I had such a great night out with these ladies last night. They took me out for a early birthday celebration & a goodbye dinner for Trish [who's PCSing on my birthday tomorrow]. It's so crazy just how quickly you can connect with other Navy wives & become such fast friends. This was the first time all of us hung out together & sadly, it was our last time too :( I met Trish only 2 weeks ago & met Marielle just last night. I didn't think I'd be going out to celebrate my birthday until my husband came home from his underway, so last night truly meant a lot to me. It meant a lot to my husband too. We're both grateful for this sweet group of ladies who gave me a wonderful birthday gift of kindness & friendship. I don't think they realize just how special last night was for me. As a sort of "thank you" for taking me out, I made them all bracelets :) Think of it as a "goody bag" that you would give out to your friends as a kid whenever you had a birthday party OR a "goody bag" that you would give to your classmates if your birthday landed on a school day ;) Lol.

My "goodbye" gift to Trish. She & her husband are
preparing for their 1st deployment.


I got to choose the restaurant so we went to one of me & my husband's favorite sushi places! Afterwards we got some ice cream for dessert. I think it's funny how all 3 of them have lived here the longer than I have & it was all of their first time at both the restaurant & ice cream shop! I also made Trish & Marielle try some of my sushi because they only get the "basics" [CA roll, Philly roll, Rainbow roll etc...]. Too bad Emy wouldn't budge & try some sushi too! :P We had fun chatting, laughing, taking pictures, & walking in the rain. We also went to the bookstore so that Trish could buy one of the books that I recommended to her. I'm happy to be able to share some of me & my husband's "surviving deployment" tips :) I truly hope the things that we learned/did helps them the way that it helped us survive our 1st deployment! That's what friends are for & that's what military families do. They stick together & help each other out. It's such a special & unique bond we all share.

My yummy sushi!
Dessert!
Polaroid lovin' [because I'm old fashioned like that & still use Polaroid cameras]
I have no reason why Trish's face & part of my forehead looks orange?

Waiting in line to get some ice cream! Yum...


Thank you for a wonderful night, ladies! It sure was a memorable one & I'll never forget it :) You're all such a blessing. I'm going to miss you Trish! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me some love! :)