9.18.2013

Chapter 38: The day he proposed & the day I said YES!


Today is a special day for me & my husband. Why?! Because it's the day he asked me to marry him, 3 years ago It was one of the happiest days of my life. Being the hopeless romantic sap that I am... I'm guilty of reminiscing about that very memorable day/trip. I'll never forget it.....

The Proposal Story

I later found out he spent over a year
searching for the perfect ring for me ♥
I flew to Florida the last weekend before my senior year in college to visit Robert for the first time since he got stationed there. I was only visiting for a few days but it was a trip we would never forget! We went out to dinner, the movies, the beach, & just enjoyed being able to spend time together. On Saturday [September 18th 2010] Robert took me some shopping before taking me to a nice Italian restaurant for dinner.

After dinner we got back to the hotel to pick up blankets so we could lay out on the beach. Before leaving we realized we didn't take very many pictures that day, so Robert decided to set the timer on our camera & balance it on top of the microwave. After taking 2 shots Robert said, "lets take more pictures". During the 3rd shot I got ready to pose for the camera while Robert got down on one knee & asked me to marry him [but not before calling my parents & asking for their blessing]!!! As soon as he pulled out the black box containing my engagement ring, I quickly covered my mouth in shock!  I kept saying, "Oh my gosh!", "Really?, "Did you really just ask me to marry you?", "Are you sure?!" It took a little while before Robert said, "Yes! Well....?". My reply was, "Oh my gosh! I'm sorry! Yes! Yes! Of course, yes!". After I took off my promise ring, Robert put the engagement ring on my finger & grabbed a teddy bear that he had bought for me. Still in shock, I used the teddy bear to cover my face as we stood there holding each other. When I said, "I think I'm going to start crying", Robert replied with, "Honey... you already are." After many kisses & hugs, we finally made it to the beach to lay out under stars.


Us at the beach & newly engaged! The nice thing about Florida
weather is that it's still warm in September!
The next day, happy & newly engaged, we spent the morning taking pictures on the beach before I had to leave. That trip was the only time I said goodbye without crying because I was too happy to be sad about leaving. I went to Florida on a Thursday & came back to California on Sunday ENGAGED to my best friend, soulmate, & love of my life! I started my senior year in college the next day with a big smile on my face & a new beautiful diamond ring on my finger ♥ [Our proposal story & love story is also posted in the 'Mr♥Mrs' section of my blog]















No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me some love! :)