9.25.2012

Chapter 10: 4 days till the 5K!


I finally used our apartment's gym for the first time & ran a little over 2 miles this morning on the treadmill! I was going to continue on to run 3 miles, but then I decided not to push myself. I haven't ran for a little while & my 5K is coming up soon, so I didn't want to over work my body. I'm so excited for Saturday! I made certain to take the day off from work because I'm sure that after such an eventful morning running with some of my Navy Wives [& a thousand or so other strangers], I'll probably want to relax for the rest of the day with my husband, all while feeling victorious over having completed my 1st 5K :) Lol. After all, who wants to ruin such a fun & exciting day by having to go to work at night? Not me! =P

Anybody curious about which 5K I'm running?
I'll be doing the Color Me Rad 5K!

A bunch of wives from my husband's ship decided to form a team a few months ago. We even made shirts to wear ;) Unfortunately, I was working during the night of the "T-Shirt Decorating Party", so that was a bummer—but I'll still be decorating my shirt! A bunch of the wives will be wearing matching (or similarly designed) shirts. Mine may not match theirs exactly, but it will say basically the same thing so that everyone knows we're all a team :) Can I just say one more time how excited I am? Because I'M SO EXCITED!

What is the Color Me Rad 5K run, you may ask? It's a whole bunch of amazingly-fabulous-awesomeness! It's an event that everyone should partake in at least once in their lifetime!
For more information & race locations, visit their websites:


I'm RAD.
You're RAD.
Let's hug.

 Robert & Darlene 
;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me some love! :)