5.01.2013

Chapter 23: Disney World's Flower & Garden Festival.

My husband: "Do you want to go to Disney World on Saturday?"
Me: "OF COURSE! I always want to go to Disney World!"
Last weekend my husband & I decided to make a day trip to Disney World's Epcot theme park for the 20th anniversary of their Flower & Garden Festival! It was so much fun! There were so many beautiful flowers, flower arrangements, & Disney shaped topiary [the practice or art of training, cutting, and trimming trees or shrubs into odd or ornamental shapes]! It really is a sight to see & this trip was definitely much needed for us. The last time we went to Disney World was for NYE, but we only went to the Magic Kingdom & Hollywood Studios theme parks. My husband bought us premium annual passes for my birthday last August & we're trying to take advantage of them to get our money's worth! We originally wanted to plan Disney World trips once a month, but that didn't end up happening. Now we're just trying to go as often as we can before August rolls around because we won't be renewing our passes this year since we're preparing for deployment #2



I don't think I can ever get sick of Disney theme parks, no matter how many times I go & I hope that never changes! It's always such a magical experience. There's so much to do! If you've never been to the Epcot theme park, it's best described as a "World Fair" showcasing international culture. The park is split up by different countries. There aren't a lot of rides at this park, but there are a bunch of shows you can watch, history you can learn, & food you can taste in each of the countries. We absolutely LOVE going to Japan :) Ever since I was a kid I've always been fascinated by bonsai trees [I love miniature things] & pearls. Lucky me, I get both of those things at Epcot Japan [along with yummy sushi]!


My new bonsai seed kit!

I've had 2 bonsai trees in the past:
  • The 1st one I got as a birthday present from a friend when I was 15, but it died shortly after I got it because I didn't know how to take care of it :/
  • The 2nd one I got was a college graduation present from my husband. I was determined to do a better job at keep it alive this time & I took really good care of it, but I left it in California when I moved here to Florida to be with my husband after we got married.
Needless to say, I was very excited when my husband remembered his promise to buy me this bonsai tree kit the next time we went to Epcot :D I can't wait to plant it! Now I just wonder how long it will take for it to start looking like a tree?! I hope this really is a tree that I can pass down from generations to come, like the box indicates so!


My newest pearl that my husband surprised me with :)

Don't get me wrong, I love diamonds as much as any other girl... but I definitely think that I love pearls more than the average girl! I opened my first oyster when I was 12 years old during a trip to Maui, Hawaii to see family. After that I was hooked & I've opened sooo many oysters since then that I have lost count! I have a collection of them :) Pearls on their own & pearls set in jewelry. I can go on about my love for pearls & I have many stories about my opening of oysters, but that will have to wait. It calls for a new blog post focused on that subject alone!

During this Epcot trip I was mesmerized [once again] as I watched the Japanese women open oysters for each customer, anxious to see what kind of pearl was inside. Whenever we are in this store my husband always knows where to find me & I always know where to find him [by the anime movies, manga, or swords =P]. He came up to me & I told him I just wanted to watch 2 more oysters being opened. When he came back I felt caught because I definitely stood there & watched more than 2 more =P I thought he was going to call me out on it, but instead he surprised me by handing me a sales slip which meant that I would be next to pick out an oyster to be opened :D AHHH!!!! I wasn't expecting he'd buy me an oyster since we weren't celebrating a special occasion of any kind, but I sure wasn't going to deny the gift! I love that I have another beautiful pearl to add to my collection :)

Photo bombed!

Before we left the park we tried to take a photo with the sign that says "20th Flower & Garden Festival" & we discovered that we had been photo bombed! This picture was too funny not to post. Haha! Those girls did good... sneaky, sneaky!


More photos from the day....

Giving Buzz Lightyear a high-five! :) 

New pin for our collection! My husband got me
into his family's tradition of collecting Disney pins :)

From the movie "Cars"

From the movie "Cars"
The Lion King

Butterfly flowers & floating flowers
We can't wait for this movie to come out!
Snow White & the Seven Drawfs
Beauty & the Beast
Beauty & the Beast

Cinderella
Sleeping Beauty
Whinnie the Pooh & Friends
Peter Pan
Captain Hook & the crocodile
Lady & the Tramp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me some love! :)