8.30.2012

Chapter 6: Conversations with Strangers.

7.19.12—My husband surprised me w/decorations, stickers (for scrapbooking), & red roses when I moved in :) 
If you know me, then you know that I can strike up a conversation with just about anyone because I enjoy talking to people & making friends. That's just the way I am. My parents tell me that I used to say hello & wave to people as a kid while sitting in my stroller...That sounds about right. Lol. I'm just a really friendly person & sometimes my husband thinks I'm too friendly. Anyway... I was talking to a USAA customer service rep yesterday & after she helped me we ended up talking about marriage & the newlywed life etc...
I told her how we only have 3 pieces of "furniture":
Air bed, computer chair, & an entertainment system.

I still have a lot of things I need shipped from Cali. We eat our meals on plastic bins & use those same plastic bins as night stands =P She laughed & told me that we don't need to have all the stuff our parents ended up with now, because those things accumulate over a lifetime of marriage. She said we should cherish these times because they'll probably be some of the best memories we'll have to look back on when we're old & laugh about it. I told her that we're already laughing about it now & enjoying our little empty home :) After saying, "Oh, well that's good!" she shared with me that she was married for 28 years before losing her husband to heart cancer or something (I didn't hear what she said, but I didn't want to ask her to repeat herself). She said it was the best 28 years of her life & how they loved each other so much & had a very happy marriage & life together. Then she added, "Well I believe that after talking to you, from what I hear, it sounds like you'll have a very happy marriage & life too!" I smiled a big smile & thanked her.... sometimes conversations with strangers are the best conversations to have.

1 comment:

  1. Awww so sad but amazing at the same time. Miss you guys see you soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving me some love! :)