12.30.2014

Chapter 48: The "Letters For Robert" Project [a deployment gift]

An excerpt of a letter to my husband:
"Your wife, my best friend, taught me love, hope and happiness. She taught me that love endures all, and that real love is not that of stories, but the actions etched into our hearts. It is all because of you... I could never have asked for God to bring her someone better. You are her everything. Before I ever met you, I loved you, because I love her. I saw what you meant to her, and I knew it was nothing short of a fantastic reality... If ever there was a true love to believe in, it is yours..." 
—Kendall

Before my husband left for his 2nd deployment, I decided to put together a special gift for him. I asked a bunch of family & friends to handwrite him a letter to help me send him off to sea with some love from home. The tricky part was making sure I picked up the mail before he got the chance to! I decorated a special box with his name on it & put all of the letters inside of it. I gave the box to him the day he deployed. This particular letter was written by one of my closest friends who was a bridesmaid in our wedding. I'm happy to have stumbled upon it again, because it's really special to me. She gave me permission to publish this, so below is the full copy of her letter. The way she writes about my husband perfectly describes the way I too feel about him. When I read this letter I'm reminded of how blessed I am to have the husband & marriage that I have, & how blessed I am to have the writer of this letter in my life. Thank you for this beautiful letter, Kendall. It means a lot to the both of us



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me some love! :)